At Swagelok, we’re committed to providing our customers with custom training services that align with their specific needs and concerns. Our hands-on training services range from safety-focused programs such as tube fitting safety installation and inspection to technical offerings like tube bending and welding. From an array of in-depth courses taught by expert instructors to training videos and online classes, Swagelok training equips your team to work safer and smarter.
Contact us if you would like to have a no-cost assessment conducted by our Training and Education Specialist to identify knowledge and skill gaps within your team.
In every condition and in every setting, proper fitting installation and tube bending is hard to achieve. This course is designed to help you reduce your rework cost due to downtime and scrap, and increase employee safety in the workplace. Upon course completion, students will:
- Have a foundation tube fitting knowledge to minimize risk of leakage and ensure system integrity
- Know how to properly select, cut and deburr tubing, correctly assemble a tube fitting, and gauge a tube fitting assembly
- Make basic bends and understand how improper bends affect fitting performance
- Have overview of thread types and perform proper thread installation
How to mitigate and minimize the risk of leakage through proper inspection is important to us. Catching an improperly installed fitting or bend defect can mean the difference between a sound fluid system and a shutdown. Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Understand the mechanics of how a tube fitting works
- Identify variables that cause fittings to leak or fail and understand the different types of leaks
- Identify tube fittings components and understand their importance to proper assemble
- Point out common tube bending defects and understand how they impact fluid system reliability
- Identify the different types of threads through design and markings
- Inspect installed fittings and determine if they are reusable or not
Consistent performance, especially in critical applications, is important to a successful system. This course offers foundational knowledge in cone and thread preparation and installation tailored to bring optimal performance to your medium or high pressure system. Upon course completion, students will:
- Have foundational knowledge in cone and thread preparation and installation tailored to bring optimal performance to your medium or high-pressure system
- Be able to list safety precautions when using the coning and threading tools
- Be able to describe medium and high-pressure fittings and differentiate the components between the two
- Demonstrate proper use of the coning and threading tool including tube preparation, inspection, and maintenance.
- Install cone and thread fittings
- Perform basic troubleshooting
With plenty of hands-on instruction, participants in this 4-hour course learn orbital welding principles, plus how to set up, run and troubleshoot an orbital welding system. The course is targeted for customers who purchase or rent orbital welders, welding supervisors and quality assurance and control personnel. All instructors have Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) and Certified Weld Educator (CWE) qualifications, as well as at least five years of experience in orbital welding instruction.
Swagelok’s hands-on training helps you design effective sampling systems, and diagnose and eliminate existing issues so you can increase efficiency and save money. These classes are for anyone who designs, constructs, operates or maintains sampling systems and are taught by industry experts each with over 30 years of experience. The classes offered include:
- Process Analyzer Sampling Systems (PASS)
- Sample System Problem Solving and Maintenance (SSM)
- Process Analyzer Sampling System (PASS) Subsystem Training